1. What is Speedy?
SPEEDY is a Telkom’s product of End to End Internet Access Service with a basis of Asymmetric Digital Subscriber Line (ADSL) technology able to transmit data and voice simultaneously through one ordinary telephone line with the guaranteed speed according to the service package launched from modem to BRAS (Broadband Remote Access Server)
2. What is Speedy Multispeed?
Speedy Multispeed is the giving of an opportunity to the Speedy subscribers to select type of service package suitable to their wants and needs. Speedy is marketed in seven (7) service packages as follows:
3. How is the comparison among Speedy packages?
Comparison among Speedy packages is as follows:
a. SPEEDY Limited
• Mail package for 15 hours (1 Mbps)
• Chat Package for 50 hours (1 Mbps)
b. SPEEDY Semi unlimited
• Family Package is a semi unlimited 384 kbps package
• Load Package is a semi unlimited 512 kbps package
Notes: After the quota reaches 3 GB, effective speed changes to be
128 kbps from 384 kbps and 512 kbps.
c. SPEEDY Unlimited
• Game Package is an unlimited 1 Mbps package
• Executive package is an unlimited 2 Mbps package
• Biz Package is an unlimited 3 Mbps package
Notes on the Package as follows:
• Mail -limited 15 hours package is a package with time quota 15 hours with the speed 1 Mbps (downstream) and 256 kbps (upstream).
• Chat -limited 50 hours package is a package with time quota 50 hours with the speed 1 Mbps (downstream) and 256 kbps (upstream).
• Family -semi unlimited 1 package is an unlimited package with the line speed 384 kbps (downstream) and 96 kbps (upstream) but has volume quota, where if the quota reaches 3 GB, rate of speed limit will be made to be 128 kbps.
• Load -semi unlimited 2 package is an unlimited package with line speed 512 kbps (downstream) and 128 kbps (upstream) but has quota of volume, where if the quota reaches 3 GB, rate of speed limit will be 128 kbps.
• Game -unlimited 1 package is an unlimited package with the line speed 1 Mbps (downstream) and 256 kbps (upstream).
• Executive -unlimited 2 package is an unlimited package with the line speed 2 Mbps (downstream) and 512 kbps (upstream).
• Biz -unlimited 3 package is an unlimited package with the line speed 3 Mbps (downstream) and 512 kbps (upstream)
* Not all packages available at all locations of Speedy service depending on technical availability.
4. How much is the tariff of each Speedy package?
Speedy tariff is as follows:
Structure of SPEEDY as follows:
• registration fee
• monthly fee
• Excess usage charge (particularly for Limited package)
Tariff as shown in the table below :
5. Where are Speedy served?
Speedy service areas in the whole national Speedy service areas all over the cities already served by Speedy.
6. When Speedy Multispeed starts to commercialize?
Speedy Multispeed starts to commercialize on March 23, 2009.
7. How is the migration from the existing package to a new one?
a. Initial stage is only a migration in similar package of the old package, that is, Limited 15 hours (Different speed / multi speed), limited 50 hours (Time Based) and Unlimited 1 Mbps (Office).
b. Ongoing Promo / Gimmick still prevails up to the completion of the promo / gimmick period, then follow the new speedy package or subscribers make APS because the new package has more advantages.
c. Not allowed to sell the old package from March 23, 2009.
d. Subscribers’ unlimited migration is obliged to use fixed and static IP.
e. Unlimited 1 – 3 M subscribers use Static IP. Besides, they use dynamic IP.
f. Existing package subscribers are requested (through promotion and communication program) to make migration to new package by APS through self service at www.telkomspeedy.com (after login)
g. Migration ends on December 31, 2009
Attachment 1. Instruction of Setting Modem
As the use on regular Speedy service, login and password of prepaid Speedy can be used by PPPoE mode (figure 1) with the login and password planted on the modem or bridging mode using dial connection from computer (figure 2). Any brand of modem having different method of setting but having no different principle.
For easy use at home, it is suggested to use bridging mode. This is to avoid the case of ‘forget’ to switch off the modem that will cause long duration (for Speedy time based) as well as large usage due to network attack (for Speedy volume based).
Figure 1. Modem with PPPoE mode routing.
Figure 2: Modem with bridging mode.
If modem is set with bridging mode, to make connection shall be through dial-up broadband menu using tool prepared by operating system used by computer.
For users of Windows 98/ME/2000 wanting to make bridging connection shall first install software of PPPoE client for Windows 98/ME/2000.
(for instance, RASPPPoE), as Windows 98/ME/2000 has not been completed with facility for bridging connection.
Difference between PPPoE mode and bridging mode as follows:
Attachment 2. How to Set Connection on Windows
Setting on Windows XP as follows:a. Click Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet Connections.
b. Select Network Connections.
c. Select Create a new connection.
d. Click Next.
e. Select Connect to the Internet, click Next.
f. Select Set up my connection manually, click Next.
g. Select Connect using a broadband connection that requires a user name and password, click Next.
h. Fill in ISP Name (free) for instance Speedy, click Next.
i. Put User name; Password; Confirm password, click Next. User name for Speedy is login ID available on an envelope containing password plus realm @telkom.net.
j. Give sign on Add a shortcut to this connection to my desktop, click Finish.
k. After press Finish above or any time we click the icon Speedy on our desktop, then appear this menu:
l. After user name & password filled in and select Connect, our computer will make authentication to the RADIUS server, and then appear the menu as follows:
m. If authentication succeeds, there will be icon of 2 small computers appearing on the right side of the screen below. If this icon clicked then appear the status:
To end internet connection, click Disconnect at this Speedy Status menu.
n. If authentication fails, there will be error message appearing as shown below:
Some of the error messages often appeared when connection fails are as follows: